Английский язык. 9 класс
Урок 35. Public services
Jack hurt HIMSELF while cutting an apple.
Reflexive pronouns are/can be used:
• after certain verbs e.g. burn, cut, wash, make, hurt, etc. when the subject and object of the verb are the same. She burnt herself while cooking.
• to describe emotions/states after be, feel, seem. You aren`t yourself today.
• after prepositions. They should be proud of themselves!
Emphatic pronouns can be used:
• to give emphasis to the noun. She herself went shopping and made dinner.
• to mean ‘without help’. I refurbished the flat myself.
You will learn to listen and talk about public services.
You will learn about and practise to use reflexive and emphatic pronouns.